Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Wallet in Hand is Worth Three Core Values

Dear Readers,

I know it has been a while since my last published post. February has proven to be an extremely difficult month. However, I will plan to stay on top of this blog for the month of March. And what better way to kick off this month than to come in like a lion and honor a Citizen-of-the-Month. Perhaps you remember the story from a past Citizen-of-the Month where we had a student return a lost wallet. However, the circumstances are different and so are the people. Read this story to understand the lengths our next honoree went to:

"As a Clemson alumni not living in the area, nothing is more cherished than the times one gets to return to campus and see what has changed or what has stayed the same. Visiting old friends, co-workers, and students bring back great memories of the time shared on campus. Imagine how my excitement for being on campus was tarnished when I had realized I had lost my credit card. I had put it in my pocket along with my cell phone as I walked across campus to meet friends for lunch. Apparently, at one point along my journey...I had pulled out my cell phone and my credit card fell out with it.

When I got to the Quad, I was waiting for my friends and my Blackberry beeped letting me know I had a Facebook message...I am a millenial student and I do have a Blackberry and I do have Facebook on it. The Facebook message was from someone I didn't know, a Meghan Marr, but it was titled 'Credit Card.' Unsure of how to locate me, she searched for me on Facebook and sent me a message...giving me her phone number, but also saying she was leaving town and would try to get the card to her roommate if she not going to be around. Not being from around Clemson I knew I had to call her soon!I immediately called her and was able to meet with her in front of Mauldin Hall to get the card back. 

I do not know many people who would go out of their way like that to track down a complete stranger to give back a credit card, but I am very thankful for Meghan Marr!"

Submitted by,
Amber Poulsen
Clemson University Alumnus

So to all my Generation X and Baby Boomer friends who are not on Facebook, please do so immediately.  In any case, congratulations to Meghan Marr, who is our February Citizen-of-the-Month. As always, please help me thank her for being such a positive role model.

Always,
-j-

No comments: