Friday, January 30, 2009

Callie Boyd

It is my pleasure to once again announce our Citizen-of-the-Month. And this one is extra special as it is our first citizen for 2009. Please help me in congratulating our Clemson Undergraduate Student Body President, Callie Boyd, as our January Citizen-of-the-Month. Here is the nomination letter: 

I'd like to nominate Callie Boyd for the Citizen of the Month. I looked through the website and do not think she has received recognition yet. 

Callie has been an inspiration to me as someone who always challenges herself to act ethically. Not only does she act ethically, she challenges others to do so as well. I have personally asked her to mentor me because she is a student that lives out what she believes and says. She is in a position where she is constantly representing students and attending important meetings and she does so with an appropriate level of professionalism and enthusiasm to advocate on behalf of students.

I can write more but your description only asked for a few sentences. If she is not going to be chosen this month, I will continue to write each month until she does win :)

Thank you for considering my nomination. I value having Callie Boyd as my [Undergraduate] Student Body President and I hope that you can thank her for what she does and her ethical leadership on behalf of the Student Body she so diligently serves and represents.

Sincerely,
An Anonymous Student

After a request like that, OCES, could not say no. I feel it is also important to mention that this is the second nomination that we have received for Callie this year. She truly is making a huge impact on the campus community. I'm so glad we could honor her in this manner.

Sincerely,
-j-

No comments: