Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RA Training

I just wanted to give a big shout-out to all of the amazing Resident Assistants I have met over the past two days. I am very optimistic about this new group of RA's this year and I think the residents in University Housing will really benefit from the excitement, knowledge, and spirit of the Residential Life staff this year. While I was only supposed to be there to discuss procedural stuff, we ended up talking about so many other things both during the presentations and afterwards. 

First, I must say that this is a very honest group. None more honest than L.S! You want to know how they are feeling, all you have to do is ask. I also appreciate the fact that this group of RA's readily admits mistakes and wants to improve. We already know this group is filled with integrity just by the fact that they were selected to be an RA. However, having a chance to work with them again today for the Gantt Intercultural Center's One Clemson program I can see that this group is filled with a lot of respect for each, their residents, and other people in general. 

Kudos to Clemson University Housing for hiring such a fine group of role models for the Clemson community. Finally, the Byrnes boys continue to be one of my favorite groups by virtue of their energy, quirkiness, and the fact that they are in the OCES office as I type this for today's building time (an honorable mention must go to Manning, Lever, and Mauldin Halls as favorites as well).

-j-

No comments: